Multiple workflows for an issue type

Ed October 7, 2015

hi all,

I want to know if it's possible to have multiple workflows that use only an 'issue type' ?

Let me show you an exemple :

Issue type : A

Worflows : X, Y and Z

If I select my issue type A, it will allow me to select three differents workflows (by dropdown) and the continue to the workflow.

I cannot found this option in Jira, anybody has an idea about it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2015

Not in the same project. 

The project and issuetype combined determine which configuration to use, including the workflow, so you can't do it.

Your options are:

1. 3 issue types with three different workflows
  2. Merge the workflows and use conditions to say things like "if custom field = 1, then only show transitions for route 1" (All your issues of this type will need the same starting status, and a workflow diagram will show everything, but if you're careful you can give three totally different and independent routes through a single workflow)
David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2018

Do you have any update for newer version about this? I guess the constraint remains, per project a given issue type can belong to only one workflow.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

The issue type remains the structural point you hang the configuration off, so no, no change.

Like David Leal likes this

Suggest an answer