Multiple users client

Yannick Le Goualher March 11, 2015

Hi,

I have some trouble in configuring my new JIRA instance. I want to tune the security of my issues.

I have one JIRA project. This project have several users:

• Developers
  • Administrators
  • Clients

Each client can have one or more user in JIRA. If a client have one JIRA user, the secrity scheme is simple. I add a configuration which tells to show only the reporter's issue.

But my problem is when a client have 2 JIRA users. I would like to tell JIRA to show the issues of the first user and the second one of the same client and only them.

I don't know how to create a group (with the 2 users of this client) and to allow the group to show only their issues.

The actual behavior is that I allow the group to show ALL the issues of the project which is not satisfying for me.

Thank you for your answers

2 answers

0 votes
Yannick Le Goualher March 11, 2015

Hey Joao,

Thank you for your answer.

So I have to create:

• Groups for client(s)
  • Add clients in his group
  • In the project, I create as much security levels as client and affect them to client

Is that right?

Thank you again

João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

That is right! Just create the Issue Security Levels and, when creating an issue, choose what Security Level it should respect. ;)

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hey Yannick!

I suggest that you setup Issue Security Schemes besides setting up Project Roles. That way you can create issues that will only be shown to specific groups of users. You'll just have to create groups as usual for each client and then setup security levels on issues based on each clients' groups.

information See this document for further reference on how to proceed with this.

Let me know if you need any additional clarification on the matter. wink

Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer