Multiple projects on single rapid board

Lars Hahus June 12, 2012

Do I need to create a new rapid board for each project?
I would like to just select a project and then go to rapid board/agile but this always brings me back to the first rapid board project planning, not the one I thought I was browsing.

I have tried to include both projects in the filters but quite honestly I have no clue what this actually changes.

What am I missing?

2 answers

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2012
Hi Lars,

a rapid board is based on a saved filter, you can have as many rapid boards as you like. Look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Rapid+Board

Best regards

Thomas

Lars Hahus June 13, 2012

OK, but I was just looking for a way to have the same workflow as with taskboards etc, select project and then how to view it, not more rapid boards; less!

Now I have to Configure and select two more entities(rapid boards + filters) to do the same?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2012

Hi Lars,

if you create a Rapid Board, you only have to select the project(s) this rapid board is based on.

You can create a rapid board based on other selections. Then you have to create and save a filter first.

This is described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Creating+a+Rapid+Board

If you want to have a rapid board per project, you have to create one per project.

Best regards

Thomas

Lars Hahus June 13, 2012

Ok, I guess I just thought it'd be more straighforward.
Thank you Thomas, have a great day! :)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2012

you're welcome :-)

0 votes
Enmanuel Corvo August 27, 2017

What you can do is create a board for each project then combine both boards into a single view using an Add-on. Take a look at this Combine multiple Jira projects into one view

Suggest an answer