Multiple projects inside a single Kanban board is partially working

Pierre Lemay October 15, 2014

I have 2 JIRA projects that I would like to track the activities using a single Kanban board.  I have been able to do so using a query that contains something like --Project="projectA" OR Project="projectB" ... --.  The Kanban board has been created inside of "projectA" and contains the columns "To do", "In Progress" and "Done".

This works partially well as I can see in my "In Progress" column all the tasks from both projects that are in progress, but once I complete a task from "projectB" it will disappear and will not get into the "Done" column. Only the completed task from "projectA" will appear in the "Done" column.

Is that a limitation in the behavior of the Kanban board regarding "Done" tasks or something else I need to configure to have it working?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Firstly you should check the Kanban Board shares both projects and the filter includes both projects, e.g. using Project in... Both projects must use same workflow.

0 votes
Pierre Lemay October 15, 2014

Thanks @Jose M.  

Some of your recommendations where not effective in my environment as I was not aware of them.

After applying them all, I simply had to recreate the Kanban board to have things working properly.

Exactly the kind of info I needed to make my board working. 

Suggest an answer