Multiple outgoing email recipients based on user / supervisor relationship in JIRA v6.2.1

LK May 28, 2014

I would like to implement the following functionality in my JIRA installation:

Each user has a supervisor who needs to be informed about the issues created in jira (by that user). For example when user 'A' creates an issue his/her supervisor should automatically receive an email with the issue details (just like the notification for 'Issue Created'). The same applies for all issue notifications, emails should always be sent out to the supervisor as CC. What would you recommend, how do I go about implementing this ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

Hi, it seems to me there is no easy way for it. It should be made a separate plugin, admin page with user associaton - supervisor and listener.

LK May 28, 2014

So I have to create my own plugin in order to achieve this ...!?

Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

Exactly, our team has made similiar plugin with email notification, a little bit about it http://polontech.com/en/portfolio/issue-emails-jira-plugin/, but in your case - it should be customized a bit.

LK May 28, 2014

Thanks for your answer Geroge! I will look into the matter and consider your plugin as well!

0 votes
LK May 28, 2014

So I have to create my own plugin in order to achieve this ...!?

Suggest an answer