Multiple options in JIRA workflow

Louis Walch October 6, 2014

I am trying to create a workflow which will allow a ticket to take two routes after my "In Progress" step. I would like two buttons saying "Ready for Build" or "Ready for Review" which will usher them into the appropriate status.  What's weird is when I added the route from In Progress > In Review it just added a "Resolve Issue" button which when clicked puts it into "In Build". I can get to the "Ready for Review" through the Worflow dropdown, but I would like to make it clearer to the user they have two options.

How can I get both buttons to appear?

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 10.18.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-07 at 10.19.21 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2014

What you're saying is that the workflow is fine, but because you've got more than two transitions, JIRA moves the third and further transitions down into the workflow drop-down.

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration and head straight for the "customise how transistions appear" section.

Louis Walch October 7, 2014

Hmm, making progress. I saw that the "Resolve" button title was from a property so I removed that. Then I added an opsbar-sequence value for both of the steps. Only one of them appears however. Is there a limit to how many buttons can appear?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

Yes, 2. As per doc. You can increase that by following the instructions in the doc.

Louis Walch October 7, 2014

Totally missed that part, ha. I can't figure out how to edit the advanced settings to alter this value. Is this something I am allowed to do with the hosted JIRA? Says I need "JIRA System Administrators global permission" however I am logged in as the account owner/admin and nothing is visible.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2014

Yes, you need to be a full system admin to do this. But you don't get that level of access to Cloud, so I suspect you might be stuck. You could raise a support call with Atlassian Cloud support and see if they'll increase it, but I'm not sure that they will.

Suggest an answer