Multiple issueFunction customfield : Why ?

Vincent Thoulé
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Related the Groovy Documentation, issueFunction is a customfield that can replace issue in JQL. Also, we use issueFunction in hasComments() instead of issue in hasComments().

Question:

• Why do we have many occurrence of this customfield ?
  • In <Host>/jira/secure/admin/groovy/ViewScriptedJqlFunctions!default.jspa, we have 22 JQL Functions, but we have currentlt 59 issueFunction customfield. Why / How does it occurred ?
  • When this customfield is created ? On each Scripted JQL Function activation ?
  • Since the 59 customfields poluate the Bulk action, is it possible all of them excepted one ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Hi Vincent... this is https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-322. I would add you as a watcher but I don't think you have logged in.

issueFunction is a custom field which just exists to use a different method of writing jql functions, as returning a list of QueryLiterals is way too slow.

There should only be one. I don't know yet under what conditions more than one is created... but yes likely it will be on plugin activation. It's safe to delete them all except one. Please could you watch the linked issue, I'll provide more updates there. Also could you comment on that ticket with the relevant version numbers.

Suggest an answer