Multiple datasource JIRA

V November 15, 2012

In JIRA 5, I am using db-config.xml to define JIRA data source. I have a service which connects to an external database.

JIRA 4.3, I was using server.xml to define both data source.

How can i define data source for external database in JIRA 5?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

You can still define it in the server.xml.

Lai Dai May 4, 2015

Hi Jobin, Do I need to change entityengine.xml? I am using JIRA 6.1.3. I actually changed both entityengine.xml and server.xml and still got the following error. [ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory] ******* ERROR: No database connection found for helperName "JIRAUAT" When getting a connection using con = org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.getConnection("JIRAUAT"); Thansk for your help! Lai

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

Hi Vikas,

May I know what you meant when you mentioned that you want to define data source for external database? If you would like to configure which database JIRA should use, you can try using the JIRA Config Tool : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+JIRA+Configuration+Tool

Cheers,

Joe

Suggest an answer