It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiple central boards per team

I work for a marketing/ecom agency, we use Jira to manage our dev team. We have a separate board per client that pulls each task into a central Kanban board where they are then picked up. 

I'd like to be able to add our digital marketing team to Jira and include their tasks in the separate client boards, which then pull in to their own digital marketing kanban board, but not the dev team kanban board and vice versa.

Is this even possible and how would I go about achieving it?

1 answer

3 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

Absolutely! You simply need to construct the board's filter to include/exclude the issues you want. Without know exactly how you are setup today I can't give you exact directions but can offer food for thought.

Let's assume your clients are associated w/ separate projects and you have development tasks and Marcom tasks in each project (client). Then I would likely leverage the Components field to distinguish between dev and marcom. This could be as simple as two components: Devleopment, Marketing or more complex like:

• development components: Platform, UI, API, etc
  • marketing components: Press Release, Conferences, Campaigns, etc.

Then for my Kanban(s) they would be setup something like:

• Client1-DEV - project = Client1 AND Components in (Platform, UI, API)
  • Client1-MKT - project = Client1 AND Components in (Press Release, Conferences, Campaigns)

Hopefully this gets you started. Please let me know if I can assist further.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

342 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you