Multiple bodies Macro (also see the similar question "https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/85737/custom-macro-body")

Adam Bennari February 28, 2013

Hello everyone,

I've been stuck since yesterday with a delicate issue :
I need to create a custom user-macro, where it would be possible for the user to enter text (rich text) in 2 or 3 different bodies.
I've already tried to use "<ac:macro ... >" to include a couple sub-macros, with a body each, but it only displayed the user-macro's body.
Any ideas?

And if it is absolutely not possible under Confluence 4.x, or any other version, could we hope for such possibility to create custom user-macros with a defined number of bodies (each with a title, like the parameters, if possible) in the coming versions?
I definitely think that it would give us more freedom to create useful macros, and make some wiki applications easier for users!

2 answers

1 vote
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Sadly this is not possible currently. I agree that that would be a very nice feature in the future.

0 votes
John Miller January 23, 2015

Is this possible yet? I need to be able to have data entry done in multiple bodies.

If it is not currently possible does anyone have suggestions for a workaround? I need a table that is pre-filled with some data, but has other data that needs to be entered by the user creating the page. This needs to be done multiple times in a page.

Suggest an answer