Multiple attachments in transition screen

Marcel Batista July 25, 2012

Is it possible to make a transition screen with multiple attachments? Even better, is it possible to make custom fields that are attachments? For exampe, suppose I have to types of archives that should be provided in order to execute a transition: Text and Image. Is it possible to create a custom field name Text that is actually a PDF document that needs to be uploaded as well as a Image, which is as image file? Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Felipe Binimelis July 26, 2012

May I ask what's the purpose of having several attachment fields?

With one attachment field you can load any amount of files. You only have to select more than one file in the File Selection window (using Ctrl + click)

Johan Smit March 24, 2021

Because every file upload(Attachment) has some additional data associated with it. Some attachments need more associated data than others.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2012

I think you'll need to do some coding to amend the field that handles attachments and make it support multiple files. It's a system field, so it's in the core, rather than adding a plugin, although if I needed this, what I'd be *very* tempted to do is create a custom field instead - one that accepted multiple file inputs and stored them somehow (custom fields can be created as plugins which means no messing around in the core code)

Not that it matters, as you're OnDemand, you can't install plugins, and certainly not core hacks!

Suggest an answer