Multiple assignees for a sub-task

Chamil Rupasinghe June 16, 2016

How to assign people for a sub-task which is using by more than one person at a same time? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

Hi Prasad,

It is not possible to assign one issue to more than one user at the same time. The most common suggestion is to create one sub-task for each person.

However, if you don't like to do this, you can also create a custom-field of the type multiple-user-picker and show it on the sub-task screen. All users can now search for issues where they are part of this field.

Please not that a custom-field will not work like the system-field "Assignee" for reports as e.g. User-Workload or filters e.g. "Assigned to me" and other such things.

greetings

Benjamin

1 vote
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

JIRA doesn't allow this feature directly to avoid overloading. However, you can do this. Refer this doc.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/how-do-i-assign-issues-to-multiple-users-207489749.html#HowdoIassignissuestomultipleusers-ManagingIssuesviaaQueue

I would prefer the second option to manage via a group (multi picker custom field). You can give permissions to that group as similar as Assignee

Suggest an answer