Multiple approvers for dedicated issue type?

Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

How do I set multiple approvers for an issue type to make sure:

-After the issue is transitioned to approving state based on the issue type the set of approvers is set automatically

-After the approvers are set the issue is assigned to the first approver on the list

-After the first approver approved the issue is assigned to the second approver on the list

-After all the approvers on the list approved the issue is returned to the reporter.

I'm seeing there are issue types where the approvers are set manually and where the approvers aren't seen at all. The automation rules use variables which I'm not familiar with and can't understand the value of the smart value. Reading through the smart values article isn't explaining what the 5ecdfa572999b60c2311604c means for the smart value, any clues?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Javanshir Mustafayev _ HIT ,

To make it easier, Why don't you create different transitions for each approver., say FirstLevel_Approver, SecondLevel_Approver and so on. Each transition can have post-fuctions to assign it to the next approver and finally assign to the reporter after the last approval.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2021

Won't work for my case. There are two different automations for this:

First allows to edit and manually choose the approvers you wish and the approver fields are also used in a filter to make it possible for any approver to find the approved issues using a filter for this.

Second is complicated, it uses smart values and the approvers are hidden 'under the hood' of the automation. I'll get rid of this approach.

What I'm looking for is to have multiple approvers seen in the right menu where the fields are populated based on the manager of the issue reporter and issue type will populate the approvers depending on which issue type is chosen.

I would appreciate ideas and thoughts how to design and implement my latest plan.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2021

Hi @Niranjan 

I've ended up following your solution. Thanks)

Like Niranjan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events