It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiple Teams within Single JIRA Instance

Is there a preferred or known way to create separate interfaces for multiple teams within a single instance of JIRA?

My team has been sailing along with JIRA for 5+ years now, and because of its success some other teams want to use it also. I suggested they create their own instance, but they would rather use ours, and reduce maintenance and cost.

For my example here, let's just consider 2 teams. Call one "A" and the other "B".

Is it possible for members of team A to log in and have see to only projects and issues that are related to their team? And access for team B would be able to see, edit, or submit tasks for B? A would be the system administrator level group.

Using global and project permissions I have been able to limit team B to only accessing a specific project, but they cannot create new projects. We'd like for them to be able to create their own projects and assign them to their notification, issue, project schemes.

They will have their own notification scheme as well for intake.

Not looking for complete how to, just some pointers if anyone has done something similar in the near past. I looked around and didn't see anything. If JIRA just isn't intended to do something like this, that's fine too, I just need to know so I'm not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Sep 13, 2019

You should be able limit what the different teams sees as you already found out using global permission and project permissions. The same applies to the notification schemes, you can assign each project to their own scheme. But to be able to create projects you need Jira admin permission, or you could use Delegated Project Creator for Jira

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

314 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you