Multiple Statues in one column on kanban not working

Justin Snyder July 8, 2016

We have a done status for for each status so for example. Researching>Researching Done Coding>Coding Done QA>QA Done. The Done statues are in the same column so Coding and Coding Done live the the same column. The hope was that we could pick up the card and move it down to done in that column to show coding is done. I have a transition built for each status that is working on the ticket but when I put them in the kanaban board it is not allowing me to move them into the done statuses.  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2016

What are the symptoms of "not allowing me to move"?  You pick up the card, drag it towards "done" and no shadow-target boxes appear?

Justin Snyder July 8, 2016

Exactly. So if a card is in Coding. Then we want to move it to coding done in the same column the box is not lighting up for me to move it.   But If I open the ticket I can transition it to coding done

Like Chris Shenton likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2016

Ah, definitely the same column it is already in then?

You can't move between status within columns.  Atlassian have designed it that way and have stated that they have no intention of changing it.

Suggest an answer