Multiple Servicedesk Portals

Hello -

I have two service desk projects and each project has a separate set of customers. Customers for One project should not have access to the portal of the other. Is this possible with JIRA Service Desk? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

This is no problem assuming you have separate groups for each customers.

For instance, in PORTAL A I could set USER GROUP 1 to be customers and in PORTAL B I could set USER GROUP 2 to be customers. These would be mutually exclusive.

image2016-5-10 14:22:37.png

@Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com] Thank you Steve!

How do you assign a group to Customers though? It's usually individual customers.

Steven Behnke Community Champion May 11, 2016

Can you describe a little bit about your set up? Where are your user accounts from, are they created in Service Desk?

@Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]  We're integrating with Tivoli Identity manager. I wasn't sure if I would need to create them in Service Desk as well.

Again, thanks for your help!

Steven Behnke Community Champion May 11, 2016

Most of JIRA uses groups to determine access levels and permissions.

If you are using Tivoli to create users, you should ensure they are added to an exclusive group such as USER GROUP 1. This way you can define a group membership for customers within the Service Desk, such as Service Desk A only allowing customers from USER GROUP 1.

Users can be added to groups from the User Management within JIRA or from the connected LDAP if that's how you're managing users. 

If you're using an API program to manage users such as Tivoli, you may need to do this within that application over JIRA API – https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#api/2/group.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,175 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot