Multiple Choice Drop down list

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Hi,

I would like to create a custom field with a drop down list where you can pick more than one option.

Something like the version multipicker would work be great.

Is tha possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Yes, the custom field type is called Multi select list ( or you can use Multi Check Boxes as well)

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

I don't believe that one is a drop down.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

I think that "Select List (multiple choices)" is your best choice

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Multi Select List is. As a user I prefer mutli check boxes since I don't have to use the ctrl key for selecting several values.

soccerball March 12, 2015

Hi Udo--I don't have that type. Do you know how I can get it?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

Sorry, the correct name is as Peter mentioned "Select List (multiple choices)"

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

I do appreciate your help but the select list(multiple choices) for me is not a dropdown. It is a box with multiple lines. :(

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

... and the lines "drop down" once you click on the field ... Sorry, that we could not help.

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

Thanks for trying.

Naveen Kumar October 24, 2019

Did anyone find a solution for this thread ?

Like # people like this
Geoffrey Melle March 10, 2020

Neither of Atlassian's options for this are sufficient. The "Select List (multiple choices)" field type is clunky because you have to hold down ctrl when selecting multiples and the "Checkboxes" field type can fill up your screen with options. They need a drop down like every other website has where you can select multiple items. 

Like Nils Laumaillé likes this
Nils Laumaillé April 10, 2020

I agree. Such a shame to not have a multi-selection select list.

Seems incredible that such basic feature is not available in Jira Cloud.

Like Maksim_Feshchanka likes this

Suggest an answer