Multiple Agile boards on one project

RichardK September 11, 2013

Hi,

I am currently running a project that has a number of sprints across two teams (Dev and QA). As you can't have two sprints running at one time on a board I have created two boards.

The Green column on the Dev board is the Show and Tell stage, once it passes that it goes to a state of Pending QA, which is the Red column of the QA board.

Now the problems I get is:

If multiple developers are working on a sprint, then items can go through the Show and Tell stage from one developer and appear in the QA board while other dev items are still in development with the other developers. This however means that we get a conflict on the QA board, as we have an issue that belongs to an Active Sprint on another board, which then displays the Dev sprint on the QA board. Manifesting itself in that I cant setup a QA sprint and start it due to the active Dev sprint showing.

Any ideas on how I can get around this, as it occurs quite often. When things work out perfectly the multiple board solution works well, however reality is that 99% of times it doesnt work perfectly.

Thanks,

Richard

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

You can have parallel sprints by enabling one of the features in JIRA Agile Labs.

RichardK September 12, 2013

Thanks for the advice.

The Labs feature is not perfect but it's definitely a big step in the right direction.

Thanks

Richard

0 votes
Michael Dugan November 4, 2014

I require information on pros/cons assigning multiple agile boards to one project.  I am an OnDemand user, but will migrate to local server solution soon.  If you could contact me immediately that would be great.

Mike Dugan

(443) 289-8187

Suggest an answer