Multi-screen cURL transition

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Another few months have gone by, and I still don't see a way to use the REST API to perform certain types of automation. I'm looking into ways to use cURL to transition through multiple pages (think moving a JIRA issue from one project to another), but the only page I've found seems to be dated and doesn't work any longer.

Is there anybody out there that has this working in some type of cURL-driven scripted environment? I can't spawn out to Selenium or WebDriver or such just to perform this one task, and there has to be a way to do it - I just can't find it via the documentation.

Any suggestions appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Guess it is not possible using REST. Move issue is a bit complicated, values are so much based on the destination project.

0 votes
Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

So...no, we don't have a way using cURL / WGET to transition through multiple screens yet. *sigh*

Just checkin'...

Suggest an answer