Multi checkbox validation

Deleted user November 3, 2017

Hi,

I want to create an expression to validate a multicheckbox in a workflow screen.

I'm able to to do an OR but I'm not succeeding in creating AND

ex. (This box is checked|This is box2 is checked)... How do I do AND ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

This isn't possible through the base functionality. It requires the use of a plugin. The best one I know of for this purpose if the Scriptrunner plugin. 

Basically resolving this would require building a custom validation script using their plugin functionality. 

I'm not that familiar with the scripting itself, but here are some resources that might help. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/cloud/overview

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.2.1/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html#_validating_a_multi_select_option_is_selected

In particular, I think you will want to add a validator script with the following: cfValues['My Multi Select']*.value.contains("Some value")

This will need to be modified to fit your needs.

Ok, is that possible to use in the Cloud version? 

I see it is available for Cloud. Thank you Kian

Just a comment if anyone follows this, I did not succeed in using  scriptrunner cloud version for this. Examples I found were all for server version. Only solution I find is to split the multi checkboxes to single checkboxes and add validator to them one by one

Like Dani likes this
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using cloud! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events