Moving tickets to another project, how to assign to default assignee

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

I move tickets (one by one) from one project to another. How can I ensure that the moved ticket is assigned to the default assignee of the target project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

That should be the behavior as long the current assignee doesn't have the "assignable" permission in the new project. If the current assignee is valid in the new project, JIRA will retain it.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

I think I need to explain better:

We have this ticket: project-A-ticket-100 assigned to: JOE

Movethis ticket to Project B where ther default assignee is JACK

The ticket is moved. But the assignee is still JOE. How can I make it so that as the ticket moves it is assigned to JACK?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2014

Anyone who can help here please?

Richard McCluskey January 28, 2015

We are facing the same problem. The initial ticket (project-A-ticket-100) for us is unassigned. When we move the ticket to project-B (Where the default assignee is the project lead, which is right for us) the ticket remains in an unassigned state. This is bad for us.

Our company uses a simple Triage ticket and that queue is monitored and as stuff get known, the ticket is moved off the triage project into the correct project for hte team doing the work. For each of those receivign teams, there is a default assignee (project lead). 

How can I have it so that when an unassigned triage ticket is moved to a valid project the default assignee actually get he assigned.

This is NOT currently what happens. Currently the resulting ticket (ticket-B) remains unassigned. This is bad

Suggest an answer