Moving stories up and down a column on a Kanban board

Simona Mihai November 23, 2015

We are using a Kanban board and I have a user who cannot move stories up and down a column. I can't find a specific permission that would enable/disable this behavior.  How can I fix this user's issue?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

To move issues up or down the column in a Kanban board would be to change the priority or rank of the issue, so you would need edit issue permissions and schedule issue permissions. 

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

The permission that the user needs to have in order to change the ranking is "scheduling permission".

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

What do you mean by Up and Down the board? ARe you using Swimlanes? Take a look at the permissions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/what-are-the-permissions-used-in-agile-boards

Suggest an answer