Moving onDemand to standalone - version missmatch

Marek Knappe September 23, 2013

i want to move from onDemand to standalone, and i have the newtest 6.0.8 installed, but i'm getting error:

This data appears to be from an older version of JIRA. Please upgrade the data and try again. The current version of JIRA is at build number '6096', but the supplied backup file was for build number '6144'.

So is there any hack that allow me to import that data ?

And also that's a bug when comparing 6096 with 6144 :)

3 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

i think the ondemand version jira is using jira v6.1#6144-sha1:2e50328

so you can download jira 6.1 from here but it still on rc2 state

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-archives

check this doc, it should help you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

1 vote
Robert Watkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

OnDemand runs slightly ahead of the standalone, hence the version mismatch. One option would be to wait until the next JIRA version comes out...

You could also try just editing the backup dump - look to see if you can find references to 6144 in the data?

0 votes
Marek Knappe September 24, 2013

Thank you, yes i know that onDemand runs slightly ahead, the funny thing is that i changed all 6144 refereneces to mine 6096.. and still it's getting it from somewhere. Propably there is some encoded string about that to not play much with that :) but yes, i will install RC2 state of jira 6.1 and will see. Release Candidate should be pretty stable :)

Thank you

Suggest an answer