Moving my test JIRA project to production

Nick April 11, 2016

Is there an easy way to migrate my workflow (project) from a test host to a production host.  I rather just transfer it so that I don't have to rebuild it.  Any help would be great!

Thx

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

Hi Nick,

You can use Configuration Manager for JIRA to do that. Moving configuration changes from test to production is one of its main purposes.

If you need help or more information about the product features or a live demo feel free to drop an email to support@botronsoft.com

Nick April 11, 2016

Is there a way to do it without an addon?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

You can probably move the workflow using the workflow export/import available out of the box in JIRA, but this is very unreliable as the workflow itself might have a lot of dependencies like custom fields, roles, etc... and you can't actually "merge" the changes into an existing workflow, but only import it as new and then assign it to the project you want. And at the end this is the solution for just the workflow and the rest should be moved manually.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/sharing-your-workflow-315326771.html

Nick April 11, 2016

Doesn't JIRA offer a solution for moving the whole project?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

No. Look at this feature request for more information https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7020

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016
Nick April 11, 2016
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

Regardless where the XML export import for workflow will work, the project configuration has other 79+ different than workflow configuration elements which you will need to get a fully working project.

Nick April 13, 2016

Do I need this addon installed on both the test environment and the production environment to move over my project?

Peter April 13, 2016

Yes you need the add-on on both test and production systems. For production work you need to purchase only one license which you will install on production and you can use development license on the test server. The development license is available once you purchase the commercial  license.

Suggest an answer