Moving issues from active sprint on one project to a future sprint on another project

a February 3, 2016

Here is what I need to do: 

• Move issue from project A that is in active sprint directly to project B's future sprint
  • This move from project A to project B should be supported by the move wizard which should ask me which future sprint on project B I would like to move the issue from project A

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

The move function is deliberately designed to be as simple as possible - it only asks for fields that must be filled or changed to fit with the settings on the target project.

To change this, you need to code it into the move function in the core of JIRA, and so your only option for Cloud is to ask Atlassian to implement the changes in JIRA.  Raise it at https://jira.atlassian.com/JRA

On Server versions, you'd still want them to do it, but you do have access to do it yourself if you're up to writing the code.  Or you could find an add-on that implements a different move option that supports it.

0 votes
a February 4, 2016

Thanks Nic. What I don't understand is why the move function allows me to map the issues to virtually every single custom/standard field except for Sprint field? 

Suggest an answer