Moving issues from active sprint on one project to a future sprint on another project

Here is what I need to do: 

• Move issue from project A that is in active sprint directly to project B's future sprint
  • This move from project A to project B should be supported by the move wizard which should ask me which future sprint on project B I would like to move the issue from project A

2 answers

1 vote

The move function is deliberately designed to be as simple as possible - it only asks for fields that must be filled or changed to fit with the settings on the target project.

To change this, you need to code it into the move function in the core of JIRA, and so your only option for Cloud is to ask Atlassian to implement the changes in JIRA.  Raise it at https://jira.atlassian.com/JRA

On Server versions, you'd still want them to do it, but you do have access to do it yourself if you're up to writing the code.  Or you could find an add-on that implements a different move option that supports it.

Thanks Nic. What I don't understand is why the move function allows me to map the issues to virtually every single custom/standard field except for Sprint field? 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

653 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you