Moving from onDemand to self hosted JIRA instance

Maksim Luzik May 19, 2013

Hey,

I read a lot of questions that addressed issues moving from onDemand host to self hosted instance. I found out that it is quite easy to back up the JIRA issues and confluence pages from the administration page. It is still unclear to me how to backup the addons, like GreenHopper and Tempo? Is it possible to export the data from them and import into own instance? Anything else I should know before moving from onDemand to self hosted instance?

Thanks for any responses.

best,
Maksim

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Does the Backup manager (System -> Backup manager) do the "full backup"? I can only do the backup of the JIRA, but I am assuming that you are meaning that the JIRA backup includes all the addons as well. Thanks for the info Timohty!

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

JIRA Backup using the backup manager includes all date (including add-ons). You just need to make these plugins available on your target instance to be able to view them.

Thank you Razaq for verifying that! :)

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

If you're doing a full backup, you get the add-on data too. And then, doing a full restore, it will restore the add-on data.

Suggest an answer