Moving data from Jira On-Demand to Local Server version

Deleted user April 13, 2016

I have seen the information about using the back-up manager to move data from the cloud to a local server, but it makes no mention of the project data; screens, workflows, permissions, etc.

Are these also included in the backup?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Everything is in the export, in terms of your data.   You can use it to create a virtually identical copy of what you have on Cloud. 

Except it plays a couple of tricks with the system admin user so that you can get access to your system at a system level, and, of course, Connect add-on stuff won't work on Server.  Add ons will need installing too, if you had any, but the data for them is included in the export.

Thanks Nic - I think I should have just sent you an email asking the question smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

It's better to do this stuff in public - people search "answers" for information like this smile 

If you look at my profile, you'll see I've asked a small handful of questions.  That number would be massive if I hadn't been able to search here for help before asking!

Yes, totally agree with you, I do the same. Was just making an indirect reference to your standing on the Leaderboard... you are the MAN!

Thanks again - I'll be able to sleep at night now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events