Moving closed issues into an epic

Colin Breame March 14, 2013

One of the team members accidently changed the epic into a bug - this had the effect of removing all child stories (is this a defect?)

So I'm trying to restore it, however I cannot find a way of putting the closed stories into the epic, as they do not appear on the plan view.

This extremely frustrating.

How can I move closed issues into an epic?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

Hi Colin,

I wouldn't say that's a BUG, but there's certainly room for improvement. That's why I filed an improvement request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-32134

As for now, you can use the workaround below:

1. Open the Epic issue, and in the activity tab click on "All" or "History". With that you'll be able to see all children issues that were associated with it at some point.

2. Open all children issues that do not appear on the board (already closed), and re-open them.

3. Go to the board and associate them again with the Epic parent.

4. Close again those issues that should be closed.

I know that this can be quite frustrating, but I hope it helps for now.

Colin Breame March 17, 2013

This is really not a solution (using no less than 3 different screens) - we have over 100 closed issues and this is likely to make my day a lot less productive. I was hoping that the tool would put me in charge and not the other way around.

If the tool allowed me to assign the epic from inside of the view/edit issues screen this might not be a problem (GHS-6854, GHS-6539).

Suggest an answer