Moving an issue, the custom fields only appears. What about the system fields?

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi,

When i tried to move an issue from task to bug, the custom fields only appearing to update fields. The system fields are missing in step 3(Update fields). Could you please let me know how can i get the system fields in step 3.

Steps to reproduce the problem: Take Any issue --> More Actions --> Move --> Change to new issu type --> Next

Thanks,

Patina

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

From what I read in the documentation only required fields (according to the target issue type field configuration) will be prompted for update. See

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28%27Bulk%27%29+Issues#ModifyingMultiple%28%27Bulk%27%29Issues-bulkmove

If you want to change other fields as well do an addition bulk edit.

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2013

Hi Brand,

Thank you for your responce.

In move single issue, the all custom fields and required fields are apperaring here.

Problem with the system fields is, if it is required fields then only it is avaialable on issue move to update, if not required the fields are not appearing here.

Is there any chance to write javascript on system field description to customize as "if it is 'Bug' issue type then particular system field is required"

If it possible, please let me know the code snippet

Thanks,

Patina

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2013

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't provide you with a javascript solution. I don't know if there is one. But you could set up a field configuration for issue type Bug and set there those system fields as required. Then they should appear in step 3.

Cheers,

Udo

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

Hi brand,

Thank you for your kind information. As you said, if we set system field as required in field configuration then that field required value/s for all the issue types. Problem is, I want to Customize as "Field required for only bug issue tpye and optional for remaning".

Is it possible?

Could you please tell me.

Thanks,

Patina

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

Hi,

yes, you can do this, as I mentioned before using different field configurations for Bug and the remaining issue types.

for details see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types

hope I could help.

Suggest an answer