Moving a single project from Jira 6.2.3 (at Kenai) to Jira 5.2.9

fabriziogiudici May 8, 2016

Hello.

As the subject says, I need to import issue data from the JIRA 6.2.3 installation at Kenai (that is going to be shut down) to my own JIRA instance. I need to do that for a single project, because fortunately only a single project was not managed by myself.

Kenai provided some hints about exporting issues in CSV, but AFAIK this won't be good for re-importing into another Jira. I managed to export all the issues at Kenai in RSS format, but at this point I don't know how to processed. I'm aware of the capability of doing a full backup and restore (I've already done it in the past for a re-installation), but I don't think it's good for my needs, as it relates to the whole installation. Right?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2016

You could take the full backup and use "project import" to import just that one project.  But you will need to close the config of the project manually before doing the import.

Suggest an answer