Moving a Story to another Project

Stuart Baker January 9, 2015

I had a Story (In Progress) in my current sprint and moved it to the backlog (leaving In Progress). I then moved it to another project where it arrived all fine and with sub-tasks. It has disappeared from the first project but in the Sprint Report there is no mention of an Issue Removed From Sprint and my Burn Down chart has not been affected. What have I done wrong?

2 answers

0 votes
Stuart Baker January 11, 2015

I think I have the answer...

Basically because the Story was moved to another project it picked up a new Story id and therefore the original one does not exist in the original project.

The burndown chart has reflected this by adjusting the total hours for the whole sprint and starting at a lower amount on the y axis.

Because it no longer exists in the project it is not reported as having been removed from the sprint.

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2015

I assume JIRA Agile does not have your use case in mind. a started sprint is a fixed thing, which does not work right, when changed while a sprint is running. I also noticed problems with the burndown chart.

So I think you haven't done anything "wrong".

Stuart Baker January 10, 2015

There will be occasions when things need to be added to or removed from sprints, hence the fact it specifically reports on issues added/removed after the start of the sprint. I have had to remove items before and it has always reported it (add adjusted burndown) ... just not this time

Rik D_huyvetters December 10, 2019

It looks this bug is still in Jira.
We had this issue today where we removed 30 SP's from the sprint and moved them to a different project.
The burndown doesn't reflect that change.

Suggest an answer