Moving JIRA to new location on the same server

I want to move my JIRA installation to a new location on the same server.  It will connect to the same (remote) database.

Is this move handled in the same way as moving to a new server or can I just move the structure and modify config files?

Thanks in advance

John - Eugene, OR

3 answers

0 votes

You don't need to make many modifications - as long as you pick up and move the installation directory without making any changes to its structure at all, it will continue to work.

For example "mv /opt/jira3 /data/jira303" will relocate the whole installation.  Only change of config is to change the startup script to look at /data/jira303

The data directory is different - if your jira-home is set to say /home/jira/jiradata and you move it to say /data/jiradata, then you'll need to edit the JIRA file that points to the data directory before you restart it.

Thanks Nic.  I was hoping that was the answer.  Which config file is the one that sets the jira-home?

To be more specific, I want to move the entire JIRA installation - including the data directory to a new location on the same server.  Going through the config files I can find, I can't find anything that points to the data directory.

What all files will I need to modify for this move?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,741 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you