Moving JIRA 4.1.2 to a new server - Missing some pieces

We have JIRA 4.1.2 on a Solaris machine and are moving it to a Windows Server 2008 machine. Most of it went well. I installed Jira and MySQL (using that for our database) and then started tweaking or copying various .xml files.

We had added some images to some of our pages so I found the easiest thing to do was to tar up the images directory on the old server and move it to the new server. I plan to do the same for the attachments.

But what about the Avatars that I've assigned to my ten projects? I see that three of them are on the new instance but the others are missing. I found an avatars directory on the old server but I didn't see anything in there (based on timestamp) that looked to be added after the initial installation.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Figured it out. I forgot to copy over the data/avatars from the Home jira directory. Pretty obvious now....

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

25,258 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you