Moving Custom Field Jira Cloud [see attachment]

Raymond Den Otter June 12, 2016

Hi all -

In JIRA Cloud we've created a custom field called 'Acceptance Criteria', which we would like to 'relocate' to another screen position. I've tried this but to no avail.

Could anyone please help us move this field to where it's supposed to be, as shown in the attachment?

Many thanks in advance -

Raymond

jira-002.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2016

Actually, you can't do it.

The view screen is set up in the issue type screen scheme, but when it is rendered, it takes out the system, date and people fields and places them in preset places, and then the remaining custom fields are listed in one section.  Your 'acceptance criteria' field is placed in that section. 

You need to hack the display code around to change this behaviour, and that is not something you can do on Cloud.

Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2016

I believe Joe is talking about 'Configure Screen' page, here is online documentation for how to configure it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/defining-a-screen-802592587.html

As 'Acceptance Criteria' is custom field, it only can be shown at 'Details' section when you view the issue, it is preset by JIRA and not allowed user to move it to other section. So, in your case, it is impossible to place your field below 'Description' section.

0 votes
Raymond Den Otter June 12, 2016

Hi Joe -

Heaps of thanks for that super-fast response.

Open screen in edit mode: Could you point me in the right direction please? I am looking for the function in the screen itself  - being the administrator.

Cheers Joe!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2016

I'm not familiar with cloud, but in the server version you open the screen in edit mode (admins only) and can move it up and down as needed.

Suggest an answer