Move test cases from one test cycle to another test cycle

Mohan V May 20, 2015

Hi,

I am using Zypher plug-in in JIRA. I have two test cycles called IT and ST. And I have some 50 test cases in IT. Now I need to move all the 50 test cases from IT to ST. I tried the bulk option. But there is no option to move across test cycles. Pls help.

Thx,

Mohan GV.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2015

Hello Mohan,

The test cases can be moved from one cycle to another. You can search the executions  using proper ZQL filter. All the filtered tests can be selected using the check box. The selected tests can be moved to another cycle by clicking on Move to Cycle under Tools option available on the right top corner of the Search test execution screen.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Bibek Behera.

Mohan V May 21, 2015

Thx Bibek. This worked for me...

Vivek Shetty Rajan March 26, 2018

Question:

If I perform the 'Move to Cycle' action, will the Test Cases get migrated along with the Status? Or it will get moved with status as 'UNEXECUTED'. Please help me with this.

Firdaus Khalil April 11, 2018

Hi team, Any update on Vivek's query. even i am looking for same.

Fernando Embrioni May 15, 2019

Vivek, Firdaus. Just uncheck the options for clearing status and other data, and you'll see your executions migrated as they are

Thomas Zadimas October 13, 2019

If the Test cases have been migrated across without the status as I didn't unchecked the options prior to moving the test cases, can this be undone? 

Frank Kendlin January 21, 2020

Same thing happened me.  This is a bad gotcha. The default surely should be to keep the data?

0 votes
dipali.gawas May 26, 2021

Can some one let me if where can i find execution search? I don't see any filed which will let me search execution. 
In my project it is manual work to move test cased from one test cycle to another. solution would be helpful 
Thanks 

0 votes
Rajinder Singh February 6, 2020

@ Thomas Zadimas 

You can't undo once it done. Just unchecked both box before moving.

image.png

Suggest an answer