Move tasks from scrum to kanban board without affecting the burndown chart

NehaNagori June 21, 2017

I have a scrum board for my team and a kanban board for the client. We have workflow to do --> in progress --> resolved --> done for scrum.

After done, the client has to verify the tasks and deploy it. We can not provide access to the client because he may take time in verifying the issues and that will affect our sprint duration. So we wanted to create another Kanban Board for them. so that all done tasks will appear them on that board.

So do I need to create workflow todo --> in progress --> resolved --> done --> Client UAT --> Deployed

I can create kanban board with filters so that all tasks in done will move to Kanban.

So My question is - will it affect my burndown chart of Sprint because of transitions available after done status?

Or is there another way to implement above requirement?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

You don't move issues from one board to another, boards are not containers for issues.  Your boards select issues based on their filters.

The burndown chart is looking at the "done" column on your sprint board, so if you were to transition issues out of that column, then yes, your burndown will be affected.

But you can achieve what you're looking for here.  Using the two workflows you describe, with your Scrum board, I would define columns

to do --> in progress --> resolved --> done

These should contain the status they are named after, but the done column should also contain Client UAT and Deployed.  This represents the fact that your developers consider an issue in any of those three status to be "done", and hence makes your burndown chart work.

Then, your Kanban board for the clients should probably show something like

to be tested (status done) --> Client UAT --> Deployed

Suggest an answer