Move jira ondemand to another jira ondemand

Denis Timofeev March 13, 2013

Hi folk,

We deicded to restructure our company Jira's structure. Now we have several Jira ondemd and stand alone for different projects. It happens historically. Now we want to move them to one company's Jira on demand.

Our IT service guys moved all issus from standalone to ondemand. But couldn't find a way to move project/issues from one ondemand account to another.

Can you kindly guide us to do it smoothly.

1 answer

1 vote
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2013

If not mistaken, there's no way yet to merge 2 ondemand instances and the only workaround would be merging the instances in standalone version with ondemand backup. Then export the backup to import into ondemand instance.

You can refer to this ondemand KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/How+to+Merge+Two+JIRA+OnDemand+Instances

Teck En, I'm not sure if I discribed correctly my needs.

I don't need to merge them completely. I just want to copy one project from one to antoher on demand jira.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2013

If I remember correctly, there is no project import function in Ondemand instance. However, that was available in a JIRA Standalone version. You would require that import feature(from Standalone or known as JIRA BTF) to import the project from one instance to another

We solved in simpler way

JIRA -> Export to xls -> Upload to Google Docs -> Export to CSV -> Import to JIRA

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2013

Good to hear that and that seems to be a good way. :)

But somehow comments can't be export at this stage if i'm not mistaken.

Suggest an answer