Move issues assignee automatically project lead only? Please Assist

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi,

I have created a permission scheme to allow a specific group of users to moved issues from project A to project B, But do not want to give these users the assign permission, therefore when they move issues, they can not select the assignee?

Problem is these users must be assignable on all projects, but when they move issues accross projects I require the Project Lead to be selected automactically. In most cases the Prject lead is the Project manager who will then get the tasks and re-assign it to the correct person/developer based on priority?

But for some reason, these users who are an assignee and have to be assignable, remain the assignee, instead of it becoming the project lead?

Any advice or better methods to accomplish it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Hi Warren,

First of, why don't you simply give those people the assign issue rights? And train them in always selecting the project lead.

Another option might be to do something with the scriptrunner plugin (you can probably write your own listener to listen to the Move Issue event and autoassign the issue to the project lead).

You might even be able to use the autotransistion function to simply auto transition the issues back into the same status using a special transition to simply fill in the assignee.

Best regards,

Peter

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi,

We had given these users access on and off, but they tend to abuse the access. Therefore forcing them into the correct process may be the only viable solution.

Could you assist me in the right direction with the listener?

I presume it will be along the line of:

User.role(Support).move.issue.assignee.projectlead

I'm not sure, If I couls ask for assistance on this?

Thanks

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Hi Warren,

I don't think I can help you out with writing a custom listener.

I don't have any experience with it, but you should be able to find plenty of examples on the scriptrunners wiki.

And Jamie the developer) is very active on Answers.

Best regards,

Peter

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

I have created another question in the hope that someone can help me out here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/292679/need-assistance-to-write-a-custom-listener

Thanks

0 votes
Srinidi HS May 8, 2014

For starters here is the listeners page from the groovy script listeners (by Jamie).

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Listeners

There are some examples and some comments worth going thru.

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2014

Thanks, but I have already gone through this briefly - but struggling to make sense of things

Suggest an answer