Move issues as a post function

David Mora August 25, 2014

Is there a way to move issues at submission to other projects(Service Desks)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CEDRIC ZABEL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

There’s no “Move Issue” post-function in the stock Jira installation. There are some plugins that offer a “Move Issue” post-function, though. I think Minyaa is one, but I’ve not tried it myself. There are also limits to what you can move as well. When you move an issue manually, Jira will ask the user to fill in any information it needs. (For example, if the new project has some required fields that the old project didn’t have, Jira can ask for them to be filled in.) You can’t ask the user to fill in any information during a post-function, so you need to be sure that your post-function move won’t require any user intervention.

David Mora August 25, 2014

The way I am setting this up is to have the same issue types with the same fields accross multiple instances of service desks. Thus, there should be no issue regarding with there being a need for extra information required.

Suggest an answer