Move issue skipping step 2 -JIRA 5.2.10

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

When I try to Move Issue from one project to another project ,Step 1 allows to change the project name and issue type. Step 2 is getting skipped and step 3 is shown for updating other fields.

Message is shown as "Step 2 is not required"

Can anyone please suggest how to enable Step 2?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2014
It is skipping step two because there is no need to do it. The users have no data to enter, the screen is useless to them. There is no point in going through it. What are you actually trying to do here?
Jason Huntowski December 8, 2015

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if there is a way to make the process stop at Step 2 as well. I would like to use this step so the users can change the status when moving from one project to another. I know that if the workflows were different, it would force this, but is there anyway when the workflows are the same to allow users to change the status on move?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2015

Nope, it's not needed, so it's not there.

Jason Huntowski December 9, 2015

Wouldn't the "not needed" part really be based on a use case? I need it to stop there so I can change the status. :) So, I am guessing scripting in the status change will be the only way to force the status and maybe any fields we want changed to do so?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2015

Very easy - "I want to move an issue as swiftly and easily as possible" is the human version. When you look at it, that gives you a really good guide of "only ask the user for information on the things you cannot do automatically". If a field or status is valid in the new config, then by asking for it, you break the "simplicity" rule.

Suggest an answer