Move issue between jira instances on an adhoc basis

Dav1d J0nes December 18, 2017

Since it doesn't seem like Atlassian labs plans on updating jira to jira issue copy anytime soon, does anybody have any functional way to basically replicate it's behavior? 

Basically we have our Jira instances split between support tickets and development/project management. There are times where tickets come in on the project side that need to be moved to support etc and I need a way to move the ticket, or at very least copy it from project A on instance A to project B on instance B and automatically close the issue on project A and link the one on project B. 

Thoughts/help?

4 answers

3 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2017
1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 18, 2017

Hi,

You should also have a look at Exalate.
(I'm biased as I'm part of the team creating this add-on)

I made a small video how such 'Move' operation would work - here

This move operation has been implemented with the  'Automation for JIRA' add-on.  Check it out.

This is the automation rule which makes it all possible

automation-rule.png

1. The rule is manual triggered
  2. The exalate action copies the issue to the remote issue tracker
  3. The unexalate action cleans up the link between the local issue and the remote issue
  4. The delete removes the issue from the local issue track

You could skip the 'unexalate' action, but then you would see on the remote issue that the local issue has been removed ...

2017-12-19_09-41-04.png

Francis

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2017

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
December 18, 2017

And have also a look at exalate.

(I'm biased as I'm part of the team creating the add-on)

I created a small demo which shows the move operation in action, which has been implemented using the Automation add-on for JIRA (highly recommended)

http://youtu.be/VUAVRN0WRNI?hd=1

If you would like to have more information - feel free to book a meeting here

Francis

Suggest an answer