Move closed issues of a sprint to next sprint or another project

NehaNagori July 11, 2017

Whenever I closed an issue, I wanted to move that issue to another sprint or project.

We have a project and there is the dependency on the client once issues are closed by our team. So Is there any way we move closed issue to other sprint or project for the client.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Moving an issue to another project is a very poor process, and not a trivial thing to do in JIRA, as the config has to be checked for compatibility and the user possibly asked many questions.

Moving it to another sprint is also not a good idea, as sprints should be determined by the scrum team, not inflicted on them by another team.

However, there's nothing wrong with your process, and you should do it with boards.  Let's say you've got a process of

New -> In progress -> Development done -> Client checking -> Done.

Create a board for developers with

New :: In progress :: Development done

And another for clients with

Development done :: Client checking :: Done

NehaNagori July 12, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for replying!

I had already implemented the solution that you have provided. But We want to move closed task to next sprint on the same board to or to another project. Is there any possible way for that? Will scripting help?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

I don't understand the requirement if you've set up the boards as above.  There's no need to do any moves if you've done that.

Suggest an answer