Move Project From JSM to JIRA

Ish June 21, 2021

I am in the middle of moving a project from Jira Service Desk to Jira. Is there a way to move all the tickets along with attachments?

My major concern is importing attachments as they are exported as URLs not actual files.

I do not want to use any external scripts.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

The most simple way to do this is change the project type from Service-Management to Software or Business.  No need to change urls, or export anything.

Ish June 21, 2021

Both of them are running on different servers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Ah.

Do you have JSM installed on both?

Ish June 21, 2021

No, JSM is on one and Jira on another. JSM is used by a small number of users whereas JIRA is used by a large set of users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

Ok, I think you're slightly misunderstanding the fact that JSM is Jira.  

Jira Service Management and Jira Software are applications that you can add to Jira.  They can't exist without it.

So, the question stands - do you have JSM added to the target Jira?

If you do not, then all the JSM functions will not be there when you import the project and the imports may not work.  

If you are ok with that, then I would take a look at the simple approach:

• On your JSM installation, change the project type to the type you want it to be in the target system
  • Take a full xml export
  • Go to the target install and use "project import" to import the project from the xml backup

Yes, if you have used any "hard" urls in the text of any of your issues, they will be unchanged and possibly wrong, and you'll have to edit them somehow to correct them

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer