Move Jira Install directory

Mattias Kallvi October 6, 2014

I have a JIRA installation which is running on a W2k8r2 server. The JIRA Home and JIRA Install directories are separated. Now my server administrator want me to move the JIRA Install directory away from the C-drive and onto the D-drive. How should this be done? Do I copy the files to a new folder on the D-drive or do I need to reinstall JIRA at this new location? How do I update the path to the executable on the "Apache Tomcat JIRA"-service? I'm quit new to JIRA so I might be missing somethin obviously.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Hi Mattias,

I think your steps would be the following:

1. warning Backup everything;
  2. Remove the old windows service;
  3. Move JIRA install and home to the new location;
  4. Update the path to JIRA home using JIRA Configuration Tool;
  5. Create a new service as in this doc.
    information You may need to point JIRA service to the correct JAVA location as in the step two of the workaround session of this kb.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Mattias Kallvi October 7, 2014

Since I've already moved the Jira Home I guess I could skip step 4 (and the second half of step 3)?

Mattias Kallvi October 7, 2014

Remove the old windows service, is this done using the "service.bat remove JIRA" command?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Both correct Mattias ;)

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2014

See why Windows administrators need more time? On unix, that's a simple ln -s :)

0 votes
Innovación - Proyectos Compartidos October 9, 2018

Hello everyone

I am also new to Jira and I would like to know if this process also applies to Linux, or in Linux this is just copy and paste ? . In these moments I need to move the directory of Jira-install to another file system within the same server, what do you think is the best process to carry out. I clarify that Jira-Home is in another directory.

Regards

Milena González 

Suggest an answer