Move JIRA core and associated plugins onto new platform.

andrew gallo December 6, 2017

I plan to move current version of JIRA Core application and all associated plugins listed below onto a new windows server platform.

I need to maintain the same versions when moving to the new platform.

I would like to know the best approach to achieve this move.

I am planning to follow this approach, please let me know if there is a better way:

1. First install  JIRA Core Application v7.3.6

2. Next install 'JIRA Service Desk Application v3.5.0' via Administration > Applications > Versions & licenses > Upload an application

3. Next install 'JIRA Software Application v7.3.6' via Administration > Applications > Versions & licenses > Upload an application

4. Next install all third party plugins via Administration > Add-ons

Current JIRA Applications and Plugins Versions

-----------------------------------------------------

JIRA Core Application
JIRA v7.3.6

JIRA Plugins
JIRA Service Desk Application v3.5.0
JIRA Agile v7.3.0-DAILY20170414023032

Third Party Plugins
· SAML Single Sign On (SSO) for Jira
· Refined Theme for Jira service desk

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Gallo

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2017

Hi Andrew,

thanks for being a customer of our SAML Single Sign On (SSO) for Jira, we really appreciate it!

Your approach sound sensible - in a similar Way we've done it in the past too.

Maybe a small hint the exaction versions of the plugins you can directly download from the marketplace when you click on "more versions".

Also Atlassian has a Page on Server Migrations, which is worth a read in case you haven't seen that before: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-861253107.html

Cheers,
  Christian

andrew gallo December 11, 2017

Christian, Thanks for your quick response to my query. Your response has given me confidence to know I'm on the right track. The suggestions you have given are just what I was looking for. Many thanks. Regards, Andrew

Suggest an answer