Move JIRA Issues from Server to Cloud

Natalie Wenz May 22, 2015

Hello everyone,

I would like to export issues from a project in a JIRA server instance into a project into JIRA cloud. Unfortunately JIRA Cloud does not support a single project import. 

I found a workaround by using the Command Line interface and export issues with the getIssueList action and import them in JIRA cloud with the CSV importer. This way fulfills almost all requirements except of moving comments.

Is there a way to export comments from this issues with the getIssueList action of CLI?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

3 answers

0 votes
Pablo Aghemo February 6, 2017

Hi Natalie, I find myself needing an answer for the same question you asked. Did you find a way to export comments and then import them in JIRA cloud?

Thanks

Pablo

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2015

Hi Natalie. A workaround would be create a stage server, import your entirely JIRA cloud to this sever, and then use the Project import tool to migrate the single project you want.

Cheers!
Teilor

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2015

Hey Natalie,

Have you already take a look on this article from our documentation? I believe that it might be helpful smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Natalie Wenz May 22, 2015

Hey Arthur, thanks for your fast reply. But it seems that this article only provide a full restore of all projects and configuration. I only want to import a single project. I found another page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Project+Import+From+JIRA+Server+to+JIRA+Cloud with the note that project import is not provided in JIRA Cloud

Suggest an answer