Move/Copy all info from current account to new server

Randall Robbins October 9, 2013

I set up a JIRA evaluation account for our company to test, and we recently moved ahead and purchased a separate server license.

What we need to know is: How do we Move/Copy all of the info in my current account (projects, users/roles, issues, workflows, agile boards, etc.) to our server?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Ok, so what you have is two servers. One which was used for evaluation and other which you now intend to use for production.

It is easy to move data between instances. Since you need a complete data from your evaluation server; i would recommend that you take an xml export from the evaluation server and do an xml import (restore from xml) on your production server.

The above is possible only if both evaluation and production jia are on same versions.

Also if you only want to move specific projects, then you have the option of project import, which is far more xomplex that the xml import.

heres the link for the details

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+Data

Rahul

Randall Robbins October 14, 2013

Thank you, Rahul!

Suggest an answer