Mothballed tasks appear in newly started sprints

Mark Diaper March 16, 2016

Hi 

Is there anyway of seeing previously mothballed user stories within a sprint before it is started?  For three sprints now I have started a sprint and it then shows previously mothballed tasks.  

If there is no way of seeing these before starting a sprint is there a way of removing these mothballed stories without impacting the burn down figures for that sprint?

Thanks

Mark 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

How are you indicating that an issue is "mothballed"?  There's no functions for that in JIRA, so you need to explain what it means.

Also, a description of your board filter would be handy (or just the JQL!)

Mark Diaper March 18, 2016

parked.PNG

Hi Nic thanks for getting back to me.

I think what I was trying to explain was that when we "park" a story within a sprint candidate list (we have a number of sprints created before actually starting them) this is then removed from view within the list until we start the sprint when it then re appears.  Is there a way of seeing these parked stories so that I can remove them from any of the existing created sprints?  Is there a way of removing the parked stories from an active sprint without causing issues with the burn down figures?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2016

Ok, that's a part of your workflow, so I assume you've got a status for "parked".  What you're describing suggests that your board has a filter like "project = x and status is NOT parked".  So the parked items are not part of the board. 

What you're now asking for is "include issues in the board after deliberately excluding them".  By definition, your board excludes them, so you have to look at them some other way.  Run a filter for "status = parked" in plain JIRA, or create a new board that does not have "not parked" in the definition (I'd recommend a Kanban rather than scrum, so you don't get the complexities of multiple sprints that you probably don't need)

There's no way to remove them from the sprint without affecting the numbers because, well, they're part of the sprint.

Mark Diaper March 20, 2016

Great thanks that has allowed me to filter out the parked stories so they dont appear in created sprints 

perfect thanks 

Suggest an answer