Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Most often word/phrase via service desk tickets

Hi !

I'm seeking for ideas on how to figure out the best way to know which topics are asked about the most frequently through our WIM Jira Service desk. In particular, I was wondering if somebody could offer the JQL to query this data.

From these two operational categorizations, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) - Permit to Deploy and ALM - Other, I'd like to specifically ask for the word/phrase that appears the most frequently.

Thank you for your time and any advice.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Sep 16, 2022

Hi @Pablo Jimenez Velasco ,

if you are looking to assess this by the Customer Request Type then you could simply form the JQL based upon the request type and find the total issue of that type. For example...

project = abc and "Request Type" = ALM

you could also leverage the excel/sheets and the official extension for these applications to pull all of the data fro the project at once. This would allow you to benefit from the capabilities of those apps to quickly illustrate the data in chart form.

Now, if these operational categorizations are not associated with request types and you have to rely on text then, while you could still leverage JQL, the accuracy of your results will be reduced.

Could you please provide more details on how to capture these operational categorizations within your issues? This will allow me to recommend a more specific and accurate solution

I appreciate your suggestion, Jack.

Here is what I currently have, and using this jql -

• project = "EAPM Service Desk" AND issuetype = Task AND status = Resolved AND cf[15161] in ("Application Sunrise - Permit 2 Deploy","Application Sunrise - Other")

I got 1,587 results. I'm interested in finding out which term or phrase is used the most frequently in these results, for example how frequently the phrase "Records management" appeared. Hopefully, this offers enough extra information to suggest a more focused and precise approach?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Sep 16, 2022

So you wish to analyze all text fields for a set of specific text phrases? There certainly isn't anything OOTB for this. Again, I would defer to something like excel and see about creating a pivot table. If this is something you run frequently then once you build out your template in excel you can continue to pull the latest data and it'll populate your pivot table. You might also check the marketplace however I am completely unfamiliar with anything like this. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist just that I don't know about it.

Thank you for your assistance!

Suggest an answer